6/10/11

The ABC's of Me: Food Edition

If you've got a moment, here's a chance to get to know me a little better

A is for Apple: What’s your favorite variety?

It changes frequently. Sometimes its royal gala, others its macintosh. Then I will get a really strong craving for a granny smith and that's my new favorite for a while. I eat apples at least three times a week so I guess I like variety.

B is for Bread: Regardless of nutrition, what is your favorite type?

Anything from Stonemill Bakery. So yummy, so good for you, so eco-conscious. What more can I ask for?



C is for Cereal: What is your favorite kind currently?

I like All Bran Buds for adding to yogurt but in all honesty I rediscovered a love for Golden Grahams that could become a little worriesome!

D is for Donuts: You might not currently eat them, but what kind do you fancy?

Plain. So next time you are in line wondering "Who the hell gets the plain one" you know its me.

E is for Eggs: How would you like yours prepared?

Scrambled with veggies...cue tonight's dinner!


F is for Fat Free: What is your favorite fat free product?

Liberte Vanilla Greek Yogurt. And anything naturally fat-free like vegetables and fruit.

G is for Groceries: Where do you purchase yours?

Loblaws, Metro and No Frills. I check for sales and go where the savings are.

H is for Hot Beverages: What is your favorite hot drink?

Tea with honey

I is for Ice Cream: Pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.

Mocha almond fudge with more chocolate fudge on top (I like me some fudge!!)

J is for Jams or Jellies: Do you eat them? If so, what kind and flavor?

Not often. If I do I like strawberry.

K is for Kitchen: Name your favorite kitchen appliance
George Foreman rules my life a little!



L is for Lunch: What was yours today?
Greek salad and sliced mango for dessert

M is for microwave: What is your favorite microwave meal/snack?

Popcorn

N is for nutrients: Do you likes carbs, fats, or proteins best?

Hard to choose! I like complex carbs, healthy fats and protein equally for the ways that they benefit my body and health.

O is for oil: What kind do you like to use?

Mostly olive oil

P is for protein: How do you get yours?

Lean poultry, grains, beans and Greek yogurt are the most frequent ways.



Q is for Quaker: How do you like your oats?

Not big on oats actually.

R is for roasting: What is your favorite thing to roast?

Vegetables like brussels sprouts, squash, potatoes and zucchini


S is for sandwich: What’s your favorite kind?

I love sandwiches. A panini on the grill with veggies and goat's cheese is incredible

T is for travel: How do you handle eating while traveling?

Bring snacks, looks for healthy fare on the road (salads and vegetarian options seem to work best), plan ahead by researching the destination. And I make a point to load up on veggies whenever and wherever I can.

U is for unique: What is one of your weirdest food combos?

I don't know that I combine anything weird but when some people see "quinoa burger" they don't think those words go together.

V is for vitamins: What kind do you take?

I don't. I try to get all my vitamins from food.



W is for wasabi: Yay or nay?

Hell no!


X is X-RAY: If we x-rayed your belly right now, what food would we see?

See the answer for "E"

Y is for youth: What food reminds you of your childhood?

Hotdogs or macaroni and cheese


Z is for zucchini: How do you prepare it?

Grilled, roasted, raw, zucchini bread.....you name it!




So tell me, pick a letter and tell me about it

4 comments:

  1. mmmm- paninis with goat cheese and veggies!! YUM! I need to go make dinner, STAT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting read... although now you have me craving way too much food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too much fun!!! I may have to do this! ;)

    P.S- Those eggs look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog you have here thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete