1/22/11

Toronto Blogger Meetup!

Today I had a long awaited opportunity to meet a group of fabulous female bloggers from Toronto and the surrounding area. I've read about these meet-ups in my travels around the blog world and was always enviously of these ladies who shared their personal blogging stories over delicious looking meals. Naturally, it was only a matter of time before I jumped on the chance to do the very same thing!

Thankfully I didn't have to wait too long (I'm not the most patient of creatures after all) and within days of the new year rolling around I came upon a tweet from Morgan over at Life After Bagels announcing a blogger lunch. It didn't take me even a minute to mull it over. Without a doubt I was in!

I've been quite excited the last few weeks but surprisingly not nervous. Even though these women are technically strangers in that I have never met them face-to-face before, I feel like I know so much about them from reading their blogs every day that it only felt natural to sit down to lunch with them.






















The location of our meetup was Commensal, which is a neat little vegetarian restaurant located in the heart of downtown Toronto. Inside we found a variety of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free delights, all available in buffet style and sold by weight. How perfect for a group of women with varied eating habits and tastes!

Enter the obligatory food photo:






















Clearly there was a tonne of variety and leave it to me to want to try a little of everything when faced with a spread like this one!

The food was fantastic but what really impressed me was how easily the conversation flowed. Within minutes of arriving I felt like I was sitting with a group a old friends. Conversations ranged from blogging (how could it not have come up!) to the ideas around personal brand, body image, running and fitness and so much more. Its always amazing to sit with intelligent and passionate women and have conversations that really speak to you.











































































I could probably go on forever about how great this afternoon was. I had high expectations but the experience even exceeded those.

Thank you again to Morgan for making this happen!

Susan, Danielle, Nancy, Angela, Kristin, Meghan, Candice, Tracy, Lily, Claire, Sara, Preena, Callie and Therese is was wonderful to meet you!

Can't wait until next time!!


So tell me, have you ever meet up with people that you met through your blog? If you haven't would you?

24 comments:

  1. I have not met up w/ any fellow bloggers yet, maybe one day. There are a few on my radar that are kind of local (like in the same state) that I would like to meet up with. Maybe one day =)

    Glad you had a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until the next one either. Silly work getting in the way *hrrmph*

    So many familiar faces, and so many new ones too.

    The restaurant looks like it was amazing. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!! :D I've only had one blogger meet up but it was really nice! It was actually a few weeks ago when I was in Orlando for the Disney 1/2 Marathon! I can't wait to have more meet-ups. I swear...bloggers are some of the best people! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I've never met anyone through my blog yet, but I would love to- none of my friends like to talk about food as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so fun!! I have met a few people through my blog. When I was in Vancouver in October we did a big blogger dinner and it was TONS of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! It was so nice meeting you yesterday and I look forward to being blog buddies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! I love blogger meet ups and have made some great friends through blogging. It's so nice to surround yourself with like-minded people (and delicious food)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like so much fun! I hope to connect with some people in a blogger meet up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So great to meet you yesterday! All ready looking forward to the next time we meet up :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun!!! I haven't met anyone off my blog but would love to one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there lady! It was SO much fun to meet you too! I wish we'd had more time because I didn't even make it over to your table but I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to meet up in the future. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a great time! And the food looks amazing!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely LOVED meeting you, you are so FUN and I wish we could have chatted longer. . . so when can we get together again?!?!?! It doesn't have to be anything official of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a wonderful time and what a big group you had! I've been able to attend 2 local blogger meet ups and they are just great sources of fun, friendship and info! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went to Blogtoberfest in October and it was awesome! Its so fun meeting other bloggers because you know you already have stuff in common. Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds like fun!
    ive never met any bloggers before! looks like u girls hada blast

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks so neat! I totally need to organize this in Utah - where there are a TON of bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this sounds great!!! I will organize a meet up among my local bloggers too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I live in Mississauga and was wondering how to join your meetup? I just started back on a weight loss and exercise program. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. I work on two blogs, a health and fitness blog for Cardio-Go, a chain of Toronto Fitness studios, as well as for my own company Eco Books 4 Kids, a children's book publishing company with a focus on education and conservation. I would love to connect with your women's blogger group here in Toronto. I can be contacted at info@ecobooks4kids.com. Here is the link to my Eco Books blog: www.ecobooks4kids.wordpress.com. I'd love to hear from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there, just chаnged into awаге of your blog through Goοgle,
    and located that it is really іnformative. I’m
    gonnа be cагeful for bгuѕsels.
    I will appreciate for thoѕе who contіnue this in future.

    Many other pеople can bе benefіted from
    your wгiting. Chееrs!

    Taκе а look at my website;
    οrganiс pottіng soil []

    ReplyDelete
  22. I’m not ѕuгe if this is a foгmat issuе or
    sοmething to dо with internet bгowѕеr
    comрatibіlіty but I thought I’d post to let уou knoω.

    Τhe layout looκ great though!
    Hope yоu get the problem fixеd soon.

    Feel fгee to surf to my ρage ... bosu core exercises

    ReplyDelete
  23. The post is excellent . It was very usefull for me .Have bookmarked your url for future post/

    ReplyDelete