8/10/11

Work It Out Wednesday- Intervals

Have I ever mentioned how much I love interval training?

It's intense. It's a sweatfest. The time flys by.

Really, what's not to love?

Today's workout was an awesome triple threat: running, circuits and spinning.




On the treadmill:

2 minutes at sub 8:30/mile, 1 minute walking

Repeat for 20 minutes.

Holy moly, I was dripping! I probably could have convinced someone I hit the pool and swam laps I was so soaked. Love it!





Next up, the floor work.

Tabata circuits (20 seconds full out, 10 seconds rest) including squats with bicep curl, mountain climbers, tricep dips and seated ab twists with a weight.

Repeat for 20 minutes.

More intensity (a literally almost puked in case you were wondering)





Last round, the bike.

Spinning sprints (30 seconds hard, 30 seconds recovery) Add varying tensions and out of the saddle sprints throughout.

Repeat for 20 minutes






Sixty unbelievably tough but quick minutes I was done. I had sifficiently had my ass handed to me by this workout and I loved every second of it (well, except the almost barfing part)

I totally earned that sweat and wore it with pride. You just gotta own it, pit stains and all.






Lesson learned: I started out with an "I don't wanna work out" attitude but made myself a deal. Go to the gym and give it 30 decent minutes and you're done.

60 ridiculous minutes later and I was so glad I dragged myself to the gym in the first place.





All and all, a great Wednesday!


So tell me, do you ever make deals with yourself in order to do something you aren't overly excited about? What are your terms to get a work out in on an off day?

*Today's photos courtesy of my new iPhone and Instagram

8 comments:

  1. I went and did a tempo run today.. I did NOT want to, but the morning was my only good time to work out. So I did. And I had a great run and didn't skimp out on any of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same kind of bargain with myself if I don't want to work out. I'm often amazed how well it works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you keep using instagram, I may not read anymore!! :) Just kidding!!

    I think Fro Yo is my new thing to push my to workout!! We need to go again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap that looks like an intense workout! Nice job :). I love intervals but I don't think they are ever as hard as what you did haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice and sweaty! great on a great workout! yay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a craaazy workout!! That type of workout is the only way for me to go 60 minutes, I tend to get bored, quickly! So the more intense the better! I always tell myself how good I will feel after the workout and try to visualize the high I am on after an awesome workout and they usually gets my butt up and going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would say there is one week per month where I have to talk myself into going. I wake up with "almost migraines". They are horrible! I am always glad I went and usually, they end up being the best workouts!

    ReplyDelete