3/26/11

A Winner and a Drop Out

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend so far. I took a luxurious 2 hour nap and can't complain at all. Saturday's are great aren't they!!

Thank you all for your supportive comments on my last post. I took a bit of a blogging break, in part because I came down with a nasty cold but also because I needed one less thing to do. Don't get me wrong, I love you all, but I needed to disconnect and I did. And that's ok right? Right!

But now that I am back I have a few announcements to make:

First up, the winner of the Getting Fit for Spring giveaway who will be receiving a fabulous prize pack complete with a yoga mat, water bottle, stretching band, Epsom salts, hot/cold packs, a neck pillow and Rub A535 products.


















In the spirit of a good ol' fashion raffle The Boyfriend and I wrote out all the entries on separate pieces of paper, folded them up and threw them in a ball cap. Then we drew a name from said hat and....

Drum roll please....



















The winner is K, also known as @ruskayeg. Congratulations K!! I will email you the details.

Whoo! That was fun huh? I love giving things away and making people happy. Love it!

Moving on to the second announcement which is somewhat less fun and exciting but instead a bit of a necessity.

I don't like to quit. I hate to back down or give up or throw in the towel. I'm not a fan of "calling it a day". Yet, if you read my last post you also know that I am feeling a lot overwhelmed these days. So, whether I like it or not I need to put on my big girl pants and admit that a) I can't do it all b) that's perfectly normal and nothing to be ashamed of.

It also means that something has to give. In this case, its the Pipes Challenge that I recently signed up for. Why this of all things you ask? Well the truth is I am training for a 1/2 marathon, teaching twice per week at my office gym and trying to maintain my own fitness through other cross training. In other words I don't have the time or more importantly the space for more pressure to do something this specific. I simply can't take on one more thing right now.

Can I say that I feel a bit better already? Sometimes its just stepping back and giving yourself some room to breathe that makes all the difference.

That said, its a great challenge and if you want something to push yourself with I highly recommend it. Check out Life After Bagels for more information.

That's all for me...I've got some relaxing to do!!

If you have a minute head over to Cynthia's blog to wish her luck on her big race tomorrow! She's is running a PDR (30k) that she has been training super hard for all winter and I am totally proud of the dedication she has (She runs in the coldest temperatures ever...it's crazy!!)



















Good luck Cynthia! You are going to totally rock that race and I can't wait to hear all about it!


So tell me, have you had to give up anything to make your life a little easier lately?

3 comments:

  1. i totally respect you for deciding to give something up. i hate not finishing things, but you're so so right - sometimes it's so much better to take a couple things off your plate than get overwhelmed and do less than your best on other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's more healthy to admit when you are overtasked than to try to cram something into your schedule. You are one busy lady!

    I give up stuff all the time (lately it's been cleaning and sleep - ha) and I DO find a way to fit it back into my schedule eventually. Just because you can't do it now, doesn't mean you don't ever do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up so much things lately- because of a sickness. Its sad but at the same time i would rather be giving up than overwhelmed.
    Im SO happy for winning.THANKS SO MUCH! :) Im waiting for your e-mail.
    kuziaa_91 (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete