|Click to Enlarge|
For the full plan click here
Tuesday: 10k run, 45 min yoga
Wednesday: 5k speed session
Thursday: Taught Tabata (40 minutes)
Friday: Spinning (30 min), taught Cycle Pump (45 min)
Sunday: 5k run
- Speed training is pretty essential. Just reading the comments on this post really drove that point home
- Sometimes you might prepare for a mild early Spring run outside and be faced with a Winter Wonderland instead
|The road up at the cottage|
- Sometimes you will remember that 8 months ago you would have made excuses and skipped the run but you are more dedicated now and you are going to go anyway
- Sometimes you will bring in a little assistance to help you out along the way
- Sometimes you have to make a tough call and end your run early once you realize that the road conditions are icy and uneven and you are probably doing more damage to your already achy shins then good to the rest of your body
- Sometimes you will realize that this difference between making excuses and making sense is important
- Sometimes healthy food is the key to strong training exercises
- And sometimes you will run better with a little bait (hey, its all about balance right?)
It was another great training week and while I didn't get my scheduled long run in I did realize that I probably should have gone to the gym in the town near the cottage and hammered out 15k on the treadmill. Lesson learned. Either way I didn't skip the run and I think thats probably the biggest improvement in this round of training so far!
Now if you will, I have a petition to write...
Have a great day!
So tell me, did anything surprise you this weekend? Oh, and will you sign my petition??