3/29/11

My Obsession

I realized something today as a scanned through my memory cards trying to organize my photos:

I am certifiably obsessed with pet photos.

I take more pictures of pets then anything else.

It's crazy, it really, really is!

Don't believe me? Here, see for yourself.

We have Barkley photos..



























































The crazy cats (who I also affectionately refer to as my little piglets because I'm sweet like that)






































Other people's pets (I am not above snapping a photo of a stranger's dog!)



















Quite possibly my favorite pic of all time!






















































Believe me when I say that these barely scratch the surface. Its quite out of control really.

But what does it really mean?

Well for one, if there is money to be made in pet photography someone let me know! I am all over making Cat Calendars and any other zany gifts you can think of so you just tell me what you want me to do!

Secondly, I love doing things I love. And so what if this makes me a crazy Cat Lady? At least I'm a HAPPY crazy Cat Lady right? I believe happiness is what its all about (duh, it's in the freakin' title of my blog) so get there however you can!

And thirdly, until I get my Cat Calendar/Pet Portrait business off the ground I will continue to share my love for pet photography with you. And if you happen to be out walking your dog in Toronto and someone comes running up to snap a photo don't be afraid. Say hello and make sure you grab my business card so I can send you an 8x10 in a nifty paw print frame.

So tell me, what do you like to photograph? Any other odd hobbies that you want to share with me?

13 comments:

  1. I Love these pictures:) I take pics of my own pets but very rarely other peoples' pets! The very last picture of the dogs is precious and I wish I could pick him up!! I tend to photograph sunsets more then almost anything, followed closely by friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great pictures! You do a really nice job. The dog in the mud kills me; I wonder how they gave him a bath?

    I wish I could get myself to photograph more. Somehow, I always forget to bring my camera wherever I go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pictures of animals. I spend a ridiculous amount of time photographing me dog. I can't help it she's so cute I need to capture it on film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those pics! I just got a DSLR and need to really learn how to use it. I would love to take really good food pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, you definitely have the talent for a pet photography business. I love travel photography. I always try to capture the emotion of where I am visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lab in mud is hilarious!! I can only imagine the bath that poor pup had to go through afterwards. I love pet photos, too! Koda always ends up looking like a grumpy old man in her photos though- haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love puppy pics! I love to take pics...most of the pics on my camera are of my kids and food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think ...if you have the right camera...pets are SO fun to capture! They are so stinkin' adorable! I love all the photos yotu shared today! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been known to do bunny photoshoots on a weekly basis, it's true. But in all honesty, it's my bunny's fault for being so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love taking pics of my kiddos!!! not that they are good quality pics because I am horrible as a photographer, my hubby is a lot better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww LOVE the photos!! Pets are so fun to photograph - they are so expressive! I am totally a dog person, but can appreciate cats too :) I can't wait until I have the time to care for my own dog, they just add so much laughter and fun to each day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really LOVE to take pictures of flowers - not really nature, per se, but just flowers. I try to keep from having all-flower pictures blogs, but once it starts to get sunny and spring here, it'll be hard to refrain!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness!!! Your pet pictures are fantastic!!! You definitely have an eye for them!!!

    As for me, Daisy is one of my favourite subjects! :)

    ReplyDelete