3/20/11

1/2 Marathon Training- Week Four in Review

Good morning! I hope you all are having a great weekend. It's Sunday and that means it time for another recap of my 1/2 marathon training. I just completed week four and here is what the original plan looked like:

Click to enlarge






For the full plan click here

Here is how the week went:

Monday: Strength training (40min)
Tuesday: 1 mile run, 40min spinning, strength training (40min)
Wednesday: 1mile run, 40min spinning, taught Tabata (45min0
Thursday: rest
Friday: taught Cycle Pump (50min), 7k run
Saturday: 4k power walk
Sunday: rest

Total Distance Ran: 10k

What I learned:

  • Sometimes things like migraines and knee pain might get in the way and that's okay. Its a temporary setback and it won't have a big impact on your overall training

  • Sometimes healthy eating the day before a planned long run is a priority, even on the road


















  • Sometimes sneaking chocolate ships and brie cheese is just as much a priority

























  • Sometimes a fartlek style run after a long week at work is the best thing for you. You run fast. You slow down. You come to a dead stop to catch your breath. You tackle huge hills and a few smaller ones. You just run!

  • Sometimes with all the training you have to schedule in time for fun (even if it is alcohol free)



Pre-St Patty's Day fun




















  • Sometimes you have to call in reinforcements to deal with pain and that too is a-ok

























  • Sometimes you are looking forward to your 1/2 marathon but REALLY looking forward to you trip to Cuba (19 days!)

 
Well I'm off to enjoy a rest day Sunday (I moved my long run to Monday this week) by hanging out and maybe going for a drive....Have a good one!


So tell me, what are you REALLY looking forward to right now?

14 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to taking a 2 month break from running after my next race. I think it's just what I need before I start marathon training.

    I can't wait to see muscles again! Right now, they are hiding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, girl! I'm also looking forward to a trip, but we haven't booked it yet, so its just looming in the horizon. Its coming, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're making some great progress Sam! I'm really looking forward to the warm weather coming, and going to see Glee at the ACC in June!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well rounded week - hope those pains go away real soon! I am looking forward to Thursday at 4:00 when I board the plane to DC for my second marathon. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your comment about temporary setbacks is spot on--in the grand scheme of things, they aren't that important!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're rockin' your training- such a healthy take on it all (positive attitude, not letting small setbacks get in your way, eating well)- AWESOME! :)

    I'm looking forward to planning a babymoon! I made fun of them before I was pregnant, but now I found out it just means vacation, so I'm IN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about healthy eating being a priority before a long run. It's tough to run far on a stomach full of greasy food. I hope your knees feel better. Right now I'm looking forward to sleep. It was a crazy busy weekend lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay! Another great week in training!

    I am looking forward to my race this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to HAwaii in about 6 weeks! THAT is what I'm looking forward to! ps. I LOVE Brie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate to wish away time, so while I'm really looking forward to the weekend, I'm trying to find little things every day that I can look forward too! Tonight, I am looking forward to cooking my favorite stir-fry, Mu Shu Mushrooms!

    What kind of strength training do you do? I've read so many conflicting things about runners and strength training that I don't know what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omigosh--I think I might forget I was running if I were headed to warm Cuba soon!

    Good luck with teh start of the push-up challenge!

    Love the pic of you and your googles!! ha ha!!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Running is good for the health because all body circulates and also its good if you want to loss weight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a perfect resource that you are supplying and you also give it away for totally free. I appreciate seeing internet sites that realize the value of offering a prime resource for zero cost. I truly loved reading your post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete