But until then I have to keep my head in the game also commonly referred to as 1/2 marathon training. Here's how week went:
|Click to Enlarge|
For the full plan click here
Here's how the week went:
Monday: Yoga (45 min)
Tuesday: 9k run, 5 k run
Wednesday: 5k speed session, elliptical (30 min), abs (20 min)
Thursday: Spinning (45 min), taught Tabata (45 min)
Friday: Taught Cycle Pump (45 min)
Sunday: 16k run
Total distance ran: 35k
What I learned:
- Sometimes changing up the routine can do more damage than good. Case in point, the session on the elliptical gave me super sore calves (and by super sore I mean too sore to run on) for days afterwards!!
- Sometimes you can disguise your comfort food as carb loading and get away with it!
- Sometimes you will push yourself and realize you are capable of more than you realized (I ran 9m minutes miles this week people!!)
- Sometimes the commitment to run 16k of a 26k run with a friend who is attempting a PDR is the only reason you will get out of bed on a Sunday after "Spring Forward" zapped you of the last of your energy
- Sometimes a crappy run, where your legs are heavy sore and tired, is simple that: One crappy run. And you know that there will beanother one down the line but until then you have a lot of good and great running to do!
- Sometimes 16k (run slowly or not) will leave you so famished you will head out to the grocery store with a salty face that somehow didn't get addressed during your post-run bath. (I'm a classy girl, what can I say??)
Yeah, I just posted that statement and corresponding pic to a public blog and you know what? I'm too hungry to care. Off I go!!
Enjoy your night!
So tell me, how to "Spring Forward" effect you?