2. While we are on the topic of the 5000m, most of your NRFs don't know that a sub 13 minute 5k is kind of a big deal.
3. I doubt many of them know who this dude is either
5. Same goes for you discussing how fast Kara, Ryan or Meb ran their last marathons
6. You NRFs don't want to talk pre and post race fueling. To them that's called eating and they do it every day.
7. They also don't want to discuss the danger of poor fueling ("Runners trots" makes for very bad dinner conversation with NRFs)
8. Your NRFs don't know what PR, PDR or PB stand for. They also don't know what the hell you mean by mile splits or running a negative split. They will most likely look at you like you are crazy when you talk in this alien language.
9. Your NRFs don't understand why the hell you said no to the second glass of wine or yes to getting up at 7am on a Sunday for fun
10. They don't think running is fun at all
11. Your NRFs will not go out in sub zero temperatures to train with you. Instead they might even laugh at you and remind you that they slept in and drank piping hot coffee this morning.