Today also marks the end of another week of 1/2 marathon training, leaving me with exactly 2 weeks until the big day!! After a little uncertainty in the last few weeks I am definitely starting to feel a lot better about this race and I am actually looking forward to attempting the distance again.
Here's how the last week of training went:
Monday: Taught Cycle Pump (40 min)
Tuesday: Ran 8k
Wednesday: Ran 6k, Spinning (35 min)
Thursday: Taught Tabata (40 min)
Friday: Taught Cycle Pump (40 min)
Sunday: Ran 10k race, jogged/walked 7k
Total distance ran: 24k
What I learned this week:
- Sometimes you are going to have good runs and sometimes you are not. The most important part is you're out there and you are running your bouncy ol' butt off!
- Sometimes carb loading will be necessary and you'll call in reinforcements
- Sometimes you'll remember to drink lots of water (1.5L+) everyday instead of once and a while and you know you're health will be better for it.
- Sometimes you'll exceed your own expectations and set a PR at your first race of the year and you will have a renewed faith in all the hard work you have been putting in
- Sometimes training for one big race lets you know you are ready for another one
Stay tuned for an official race recap in the coming days. Until then its time to enjoy some time on the couch and a yummy, yet to be determined dinner!
Enjoy the rest of your day friends!!
So tell me, how did you spend the first day of May?