- A 6 pack definitely can't be achieved with this DVD alone, at least not for me. While Jillian recommends 5 days of exercise a week I truly believe she is not solely referring to her DVD. 2.5 hours of activity a week, no matter how tough it may be, just isn't going to get you the washboard stomach she's rocking! Just sayin'
- Nutrition is key. I've mentioned this before but a flat, sexy stomach comes down to muscle and fat. The foods you eat (and don't eat) play a HUGE part in that.
- My abs look different everyday (and throughout the course of a day). Let's face it, your abdominal region is affected by how full your stomach is, how much water your drank recently, your menstrual cycle and whether you've been to the bathroom in the last few hours (yeah, I went there).
That said I am still enjoying the DVD as a part of my fitness routine. And for those of you keeping track here's this week's photo:
My workouts over the past week:
Wednesday: 2 mile run, 20 min elliptical
Thursday: 40 min spinning, instructed a group Tabata class for 40 min
Friday: 75 min spinning (2 sessions), 20 min elliptical
Saturday: 1 hour power yoga
Sunday: 1 hour spinning
Monday: 40 min Tabata, 6W26P
Today: 40 min elliptical
In summary, not a lot of Jillian in the mix this week and even less running while I nurse my minor injury (more about that tomorrow) but all and all I've been busy!
Which leads me to an update on my 2011 goals, one month into the year.
- Blog more: Done! I had 25 posts in January compared to 4 in December. A definite improvement!!
- Make Time to Relax: Done! I've started practicing yoga and have been reading more.
- Practice Intuitive Eating: Not quite. While I have been eating healthier overall I'm not quite there yet.
- Creative in the Kitchen: Sort of. I have been making healthier meals but I haven't ventured too far into the unknown as of yet (Stay tuned next week for when I really ramp this up!)
- Take More Photos: Done. Granted most of them are of pets but at least I am clicking away right??
- PR at the 1/2 in May: Not applicable, although I am resting an injury so I can resume training when the time comes.
- Try long distance cycling: Not applicable (Its Winter!!!!)
- Make Happiness a Priority: Done! All of the above are just a few examples of how I have been doing this daily.
That's me for tonight.. I'm off to join in on the Fit Blog chat! Have a great night my lovelies.
So tell me, how is your 2011 so far?