|Click to enlarge|
For the full plan click here
Here's how the week unfolded:
Monday: 4k walk
Tuesday: 12k run (treadmill)/ taught Tabata (40 minutes)
Wednesday: 5.5k speed session (treadmill)
Thursday: taught Tabata (40 minutes)
Friday: taught Cycle Pump
Saturday: 12k long run
Total distance ran: 29.5k
What I learned:
- Sometimes life happens and you have to roll with it. My plan changed twice this week at the last minute but I made due and did my best.
- Sometimes you are going to be really tired at the end of a workout and no one will believe that you love it as much as you say you do. The important part is that you still believe it(I definitely do!)
- Sometimes the weather is going to get in the way and you are going to run anyway. It snowed during my long run and the sidewalks were slippery but it was manageable which actually proved to be that I love running more now then I did eight months ago.
- Sometimes you should triple check your training plan before you head out for your long run so you actually do the planned distance (Duh!)
- Sometimes reading and snacks are a great way to spend a rest day. Brushing my hair? Not so much!
|I'm reading The Long Run by Matt Long...if you haven't read it you really need to!|
- Sometimes training for one race makes you eager to train for others (like a Century this summer and, oh I dunno, maybe even a marathon! More to come on that one though....)
All in all week one was really good (among all the active stuff I also had a great time checking out a new band on Thursday and had a fun date night with The Boyfriend on Friday) I am absolutely looking forward to week two and beyond but for now I am eager to plop down on the couch and enjoy some more of this lazy rest day!
So tell me, what is one thing that you learned this week? Are you a fan of the Oscars? Who had your favorite red carpet look?