Here's a recap of my 1/2 marathon training over the last 7 days:
Monday: Ran 10.5 miles (treadmill)
Tuesday: Spinning (30 min)Strength training(50 min)
Wednesday: Spinning (20 min)
Thursday: Taught Tabata (45min) Hills training 2 miles
Friday: Taught Cycle Pump (50min)
Sunday: Ran 13.1 miles
Total distance ran: 41k
Here's what I learned:
- Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...in this case 2 hours of running on a treadmill. It wasn't the most fun thing I have done but I got through it and am better for it! (truthfully I can't believe I did it. I never would have even tried a year ago!)
- Sometimes you learn what you need to fuel your long runs and when you need to start using it.
- Sometimes you are going to eat well, get lots of sleep and hydrate like its your job! Other times you are going to eat a delicious cupcake and enjoy every damn bite!
- Sometimes you are going to teach a class of one during cross training and get the best workout you've had in a while!
- Sometimes you are going to feel sorry for yourself, doubt your abilities and wallow in stress and self pity
- Sometimes you are going to shake off the blues and do this instead:
That's right..that sucker says 13.1 miles. I ran the equivalent distance of a half marathon today!! I can't even explain how relieved I was to have the energy and the will to do it. It makes me feel a lot better about the races coming up in May and the timing for that feeling couldn't have been better.
And with that I am off to rest my sore legs and start packing for Cuba...5 days and counting!n
So tell me, what have you done recently that exceed even your own expectations?