Its been a few weeks since a recapped my training (admittedly training went on hiatus while I was on vacation) but here's a look at my activities over the last week:
Monday: 30 min elliptical, 30 min easy running, 30 min spinning
Tuesday: Taught Cycle Pump (40 min)
Wednesday: 10 min easy running, 20 min spinning
Thursday: 6 mile run
Sunday: 7 mile run:
Total distance ran: 25.5k
Here's what I learned:
- Sometimes after a 10 day break from fitness you'll need to get back into it which ever way possible (90 minute varied sweat fest worked for me!!)
- Sometimes you will cut yourself some slack about the "break"...after all dancing counts as fitness right?
- Sometimes you will get through a treadmill run by flipping through the latest issue of Fitness magazine...whatever works!
- Sometimes you will realize running is an important part of your life but so are good friends and great memories (like your running partner turned friend getting married!!!)
- Sometimes you will realize that you are 3 weeks away from your 1/2 marathon and whether you trained enough or not you are prepared to give it all you got!!
So tell me, other than healthy living what is really important to you?