5/26/10

Fitness Bucket List

I got this idea from one of the other fabulous blogs that I read, and now for the life of me I can't remember who it was! (If its you please let me know so that I can link to you) What it is, is a fitness bucket list, or a list of all the things you want to accomplish before you, well, kick the bucket so to speak. Inspired originally by the movie The Bucket List, its a really interesting (albeit slightly morbid) way to really lay it all out there in the open as someone with nothing to lose and with nothing to fear.
In reality I think we all have some goals that we place in the "will do" pile and a few more that we have tucked away in the "wouldn't it be nice" drawer. You know, those goals that we are afraid to even utter out loud because someone might hear us and scoff that they are crazy or "dang near impossible!"<---insert a little bit of a hillbilly accent here for effect. The bucket list idea dissolves the fear of uttering your goals within earshot of someone else because hell, you ain't gonna tell me what I can and can't do before I die are you??

So here it is, my bucket list of fitness goals:

- 25 min 5K
-50 min 10K
-Complete a 1/2 marathon (training for one this fall)
-Complete a full marathon (planning one for 2011)
-Run and complete the New York City Marathon ('cuz its NYC baby!!)
-Participate in a long distance charity bike ride such as The Ride to Conquer Cancer, which is a 2 day, 200K  ride from Toronto to Niagara Falls.
-Complete a 15K trail race
-Teach a Bootcamp inspired class
-15-20 real pushups (still working on this one...its tougher then is seems!!)

This isn't all because as I check some off I will inevitably add more and continue to strive to accomplish more then I had ever imagined. Stay tuned......

Tell me, whats on your Fitness Bucket List?

8 comments:

  1. great list!

    a full marathhon is on my list..that should be marked off nov. 14th :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list. I love it! I am running my first half in August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this list!!! What a great idea. You definitely got me thinking of what would be on mine.

    You can totally do all those things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My bucket list is my goal list :)

    Run a 5K in 30 minutes
    Run a 10K in 60 minutes
    Run a half marathon (Spring 2011)
    Run a half marathon in another European country than Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea of a bucket fitness list! I never really had one but I might think of it. I did do a 1/2 marathon in April and plan for another in the fall. Also a long time ago I challenged myself to be a fitness instructor and I'm still doing that despite weight gain, pregnancy, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for providing recent updates regarding the concern, I look forward to read more. quick weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice bLog! its interesting. thank you for sharing.... how much is forskolin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your information, it was really very helpfull.. Strefit

    ReplyDelete