4/24/11

1/2 Marathon Training- Week Nine in Review

Hi everyone! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful spring weekend with loved ones! I celebrated Easter with family on Friday and Saturday this year and was left with a day to do nothing but run and lounge around watching movies. Simply lovely huh?!

Its been a few weeks since a recapped my training (admittedly training went on hiatus while I was on vacation) but here's a look at my activities over the last week:

Monday: 30 min elliptical, 30 min easy running, 30 min spinning
Tuesday: Taught Cycle Pump (40 min)
Wednesday: 10 min easy running, 20 min spinning
Thursday: 6 mile run
Friday: rest
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 7 mile run:

Total distance ran: 25.5k

Here's what I learned:

  • Sometimes after a 10 day break from fitness you'll need to get back into it which ever way possible (90 minute varied sweat fest worked for me!!)

  • Sometimes you will cut yourself some slack about the "break"...after all dancing counts as fitness right?



















  • Sometimes you will get through a treadmill run by flipping through the latest issue of Fitness magazine...whatever works!

  • Sometimes you will realize running is an important part of your life but so are good friends and great memories (like your running partner turned friend getting married!!!)










































  • Sometimes you will realize that you are 3 weeks away from your 1/2 marathon and whether you trained enough or not you are prepared to give it all you got!!
I can't believe how quickly this race is sneaking up on me. I am really excited to pin on a bib and race again and I have my fingers crossed for good weather next weekend when I run my first 10k of the season.


So tell me, other than healthy living what is really important to you?

7 comments:

  1. Right now, school and studying for the Praxis is important to me. Oh, and family and friends, of course! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to be awesome at the 1/2 marathon!

    My family & friends are important to me, in addition to healthy living!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to rock that half marathon! I definitely agree...dancing counts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only 3 weeks away from the 1/2- awesome!!

    And absolutely, dancing counts as cardio.

    Living a balanced life is the most important goal I strive for. There has to be room for nachos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, three weeks away, how exciting! I am sure you will do great!!

    my kids and my family are extremely important to me and they come first in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband, friends, and family are important to me. And my job. Dork over here!

    I'm so excited to read about your half :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. races always come as a surprise to me! even if I've trained for weeks, somehow the morning of just hits me! great week for training

    ReplyDelete