9/23/10

Yogurt 1, Samantha 0

In an epic battle of me versus dairy I hate to admit that I am not the victor....at least not today my friends.


In what can only be assumed to be a temporary lapse of good judgement this morning I decided to ignore the fact that, even without proper medical diagnosis, I know that I am mildly lactose intolerant.


Enter the price to be paid for such foolishness. As a result of my need to indulge in some yogurt and granola on-the-go this morning I have been suffering ever since. Not cool. Bloating and pain? Not cool either. Gas and flatulance....need I say more about the coolness there? It has been a rough day, let me tell you.


And for your viewing pleasure my "no I'm not pregnant I just ate some dairy" tummy:





So what can I say other then lesson learned. No more yogurt (non-Greek), ice cream or cheese for me. Bring me the almond milk cuz baby, I'm gonna need it!



So tell me, any annoying food sensitivities that you'd like to share? Make it embarrassing..I talked about farting after all!!










7 comments:

  1. Haha! I just wrote a post by how dairy has me all of out whack. For two seconds, I seriously contemplated a real baby bump at first, but was happy to see it was just my yogurt as well. Oddly enough, greek yogurt bloats me and makes me feel ick. Why does it have to be sooo good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?! I am so so so sorry! I get phelgmy (sp?) but that's about it really!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya, girl! I've had similar experiences, and have experienced "the belly" many times! PS I have some good news for you.. check out my post today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog through Angela's ^. Congrats on your weightloss! I have a similar story as well!

    As for my embarrassing story, well it would involve beans! Beans, beans, the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you ... haha you know where I'm going with this! Nevertheless, I still eat them, I just choose times where I'll be alone!

    http://www.thenewhealthy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sensitive to dairy, too. I can tolerate some, but I have to be very careful. I feel your pain! When I am really craving ice cream or cheese, I know I'll be paying later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samantha,
    This is so funny! I stopped dairy altogether several months ago and it was the best decision. The taste of yogurt is not even worth the 'I look six months pregnant' bloat look I get, the zits that pop up and the gas that is oh so disgusting!

    Oh..and dairy before a run...BAAAAAAAD idea! Unless you enjoy using a construction site port-a-potty!

    I do love that dress though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. My stomach does the SAME THING! I'm not sure what the trigger is but I think it may be gluten in large doeses. It doesn't always happen so I'm not sure, but one thing I do know -- it's painful! Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete