8/11/10

Quick and Simple

A quick and simple post for a quick and simple night:


Yesterday's workout:

5 min warm up-walking/light jogging
5K run-avg pace 5:54/km
15 min. high incline walking
5 min. cool down


30 min. strength training (upper and lower body)



Dinner:

Because I had promised the Boyfriend Greek pasta salad (and because we had all the ingredients for one in the apartment) we whipped together a yummy, veggie loaded dinner.




I absolutely love those nights where we hang out in the kitchen together, laughing and talking about our day, as we get dinner ready. I do the majority of the cooking so it's always nice when the Boyfriend lends a hand without even being asked (even if this time it was just to boil water and cook pasta this time).


I enjoyed mine on a bed of spinach with corn and carrots added to the mix.



Oh and I might have had an icy cold Corona while I was preparing everything...I might have.


I might even have had another one while we ate :)


Gotta love simple Tuesdays that turn into a really great night almost unexpectedly.


So tell me, did anything unexpected happen to you yesterday?

11 comments:

  1. Holy shot! Your mileage pace rocks. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha - you are officially my running hero. That's all I can say right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the ladies above. I did a double-take when I saw your mileage. YOU GO GIRL!

    Something unexpected DID happen yesterday. I discovered that we can now access YouTube on campus. It's not anything major in terms of healthy eating but it's HUGE in the world of education.

    Speaking of which, I gotta get back to prepping our library for the school year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw your tweet about the run - it's still great though! Glad you had a lovely day. Mine had a few snags, but everything was worked out by the time I went to bed. I love when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that looks sooo yummy! i love adding as many veggies as possible to my pasta. you're so lucky you have a boy that likes cooking... i need to find myself one of those! great run as well! nothing too unexpected happened to me (except for the waffle disaster that i wrote about today, but i fixed it this morning!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks fantastic!!! I was able to get all the laundry done last night which was totally unexpected. Wow...that sounded so lame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm that pasta looks SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pasta salad looks divine! And wow, you are a SPEED DEMON!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum! i love lots of veggies with my pasta (more veggies than pasta. that way i can have dessert. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, you are Fast! Like, whoa. That pasta salad looks so good. It's the simple stuff that usually appeals to me. And ice cream ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pasta looks so satisfying! YUM! P.S coronoa and summertime were made for each other ;)

    ReplyDelete