6/28/10

New Camera and Some Inspiring Words from Friends....

In my mind I am a photographer. I imagine scenes and portraits. I dream in vivid colour. I envy everyone in blog land who takes beautifully crisp photos with their wonderfully high-tech cameras. And today I decided it was time to join the ranks.



A photo of the camera on the box taken with the actual camera

Meet my new camera. Ok, in truth its "potentially" my new camera. Its going to be put on trial for the next 7 days to see if it can stand up to my lofty expectations. There is no one I know that will scrutinze photo quality more than me. But for now I am snap happy with what is supposed to be DSLR quality with the relative ease of a point and shoot.


On another unrelated note I have been feeling like I am in a bit of a funk lately. I haven't been overly motivated to train and my eating hasn't been anywhere near as clean as I want it to be. It started to really catch up to me when I started to feel (imagine?) my clothes getting a little tighter and I felt less and less compelled to lace up my sneakers for anything.

Then it hit me like a truck! While I was sitting here worrying over the calories in a cookie that I probably could have done without, people out there (3 to be exact!) where looking to me as a source of inspiration.

It started with an email I received a couple of weeks ago after running into an acquaintance on a night out. She sent me a note to thank me for organizing the evening and felt the need to write:

"I haven't seen you in a while and I just wanted to let you know that you look beautiful and fit and I was so inspired by seeing you on Saturday! You are gorgeous"

How sweet huh?

Then another friend proceed to inform me that "Dude, you are an inspiration" when she found out I was participating in a 24 hour relay to help children with disabilities.

And then, as if this wasn't great enough, a third friend remarked that "Your (my) legs make me want to eat egg yolks!"

It makes me smile just to think that these fantastic people have such nice things to say about me. And to know that other people notice my efforts, even on the days where I fail to, is enough to pull me through this little slump of mine.

*smile*

So tell me have you heard anything good, bad or ugly about the Olympus Pen series? What type of camera do you use? And what compliments are you storing as little pick-me-ups for the tougher days?

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes those nice words (aka your friends telling you you're an inspiration) is tough to take eh? Seems like you've come a long way! In the short time I've read your blog - you seem like an inspiring woman :) Keep it up! Everyone has their ups and downs - if it was always peachy keen - everyone would do it!

    Also - bought an olympus for a family member - and they love it :) I have a fugi underwater camera - which rocks my socks for action shots.. have fun with your new camera!

    J :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh yay for new cameras + wonderful friends with their wonderful comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my site, Samantha! From your bio it sounds like your have a pretty full plate - it must be hard to avoid being an inspriation to others when you are that motivated. :)

    Some of my greatest pick-me-up kudos have come from complete or near strangers - people who have stumbled on my blog and email with questions or for advice. I also lost about 30lbs a few years ago and completely revamped the way I live my life (from the gym to the kitchen and beyond!). It's great when people recongnize the dedication and willpower it takes to make a change like that stick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new purchase! I hope it works out! I use two cameras: Canon S90 (point and shoot) and a Canon Rebel 2ti (DSLR). Shh, don't tell my Fiance, but sometimes the point and shoot takes just as good photos as his Rebel.

    My latest compliment was "wow, look at those muscles in your legs!". To me, that was way better than "my what skinny legs you have", because it shows that my weight training is paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a camera so badly! I hope this one works out for you. I don't even use one currently. Just a little point and shoot that belongs to my boyfriend or (gasp) his cell phone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really great that you get to try it out for 7 days. I dream of owning a shiny new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you are photographer not only in your mind but also with a camera now! I love my point and shoot, but desperately want something a little bit more now that I'm figuring out how much it is missing.

    ReplyDelete