With every passing year I grow as a person and 2010 was no exception. I had a great year, full of many great memories and "firsts" that I will always be proud of. I challenged myself in ways that I never thought possible and exceeded my own expectations. I am proud of who I became this year. Goals for the year to come simply mean I can continue to add to my long list of accomplishments. I haven't reached my limit yet and I am definitely not willing to stop now!
In 2011 I vow to......
- Blog more. I love my blog (and all of you!) I really do. Through blogging I have held myself accountable, learned new things, been inspired and motivated and dealt with challenges. I want to do more of all of that and hopefully be a bit of it for you while I am at it.
- Make time to relax. I plan and schedule for everything possible except for time for me. I never intentionally give myself a chance to wind down, take a deep breath and just be. I will do that in 2011, even if I do have to put it in my day planner in order to get it done.
- Practice the principals of Intuitive Eating. I have struggled with mild bouts of binging and stress eating throughout the years and I want to adopt a more healthy approach to food by giving my body what it needs when it needs it (even if what it needs is a cupcake from time to time!)
- Experiment more in the...... kitchen (ha!I bet the Boyfriend almost did a cartwheel reading that) I plan on giving myself the fuel to be healthy, strong and happy but in doing that I want to be creative and awaken the taste buds and culinary skills I don't yet know that I have.
- Take more photos. I treated myself to 2 new cameras this year (Olympus Pen and Nikon Coolpix point and shoot) and I plan to put them to good use.
- PR at the 1/2 marathon in May. After much contemplation I am forgoing the 30k race in March to allow myself to train consistently for the Mississauga 1/2 marathon on May 15th. For some it may not be a one or the other deal but I know the training in April will matter if I plan to beat my own personal best and with a planned vacation to Cuba mid-month I can't afford the recovery time. Its a sacrifice but one I am willing to make.
- Try long distance cycling. The intention is to eventually complete a sprint duathalon.
- Make happiness the priority. I am currently reading The Happiness Project and plan to apply some of the principals to my daily life After all, whats the point of the rest of this if I am not smiling when all is said and done right?
Happy New Year everyone!!
So tell me, what is one of your goals for 2011?